Angelcare Baby Monitor for Breathing
Worried about SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)?
You can take off some of your stress with the Angelcare Baby Movement and Sound Monitor. Buying it is a worthwhile investment. It does what no other audio or video monitor does: alerts you when your child stops breathing or moving. It is scary to know that SIDS can happen anytime. Wouldn’t you want that peace of mind knowing that if your baby is in distress, you’ll know about it and you can do something about it? If you are there to jostle the baby or maybe do CPR, at least you are giving your baby a chance to live.
Features and Benefits:
- Sensor pad to detect baby movement
- The AC401 model uses both 927MHz and 2.4GHz bandwidth. The sound monitor is on the 927MHz frequency and so you won’t suffer interference from home electronics such as cordless phones using the 2.4GHZ frequency.
- Range is up to 250m/820ft open field and 80m-100m/262ft-328ft indoors.
- 8 channels to choose from. Change the channel if transmission is bad.
- Portable parent unit that comes with a convenient belt clip.
- Optional ‘tic’ sound to indicate baby’s movements.
- You can choose between voice activation or continuous sound reception.
- Low battery indicator.
- Out of range indicator.
- You can adjust the microphone sensitivity. You can set it at 4 different levels.
- Room temperature control. You’ll hear a triple BEEP if the temperature in your baby’s room is not in your chosen range.
- Sound lights to see and hear baby’s sounds
- Soothing night-light so you don’t stumble in the dark.
- Parent’s unit locator.
- Rechargeable batteries
You should get this product IF…
- You just had a baby (SIDS most likely occurs when baby is around 2-4 months old)
- You are paranoid and not getting a good night’s sleep because you are constantly getting up to check on the baby.
- If you are worried about your premature baby.
How it works?
Plug in the base monitor into an electrical outlet. Connect the pad to the main base monitor and place the pad under the crib mattress. Blinking indicates there is breathing or movement in the crib. You will hear the alarm if the monitor doesn’t detect a movement for 20 seconds. It is very sensitive and will detect even the slightest movement.The sensor pad sensitivity can be adjusted by a knob on the back of the homebase. You have the option of using the monitor with or without the motion sensor pad. For example, if baby falls asleep on the swing, you can unplug the pad and use the monitor as an audio monitor.
What I Like
- You can clip on the parent unit to your belt or pants. You can go about the house doing your chores but still have the parent unit nearby to monitor the baby.
- I can turn the sound off and still be alerted through the vibration mode.
- The sensor pad is so sensitive it can pick up vibration from fans, washing machine, loud music etc…. You have to eliminate such sources of vibration to get an accurate reading.
- The monitor uses public airwaves for signal transmission. This means outsiders may pick up your transmission or you may pick up your neighbor’s transmission. It is not secure and there’s no privacy. If you want privacy, turn off the units when not in use.
- Be careful about the cords to avoid entanglement or strangulation.
If you want to monitor 2 children, you need 2 Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitors. Set each monitor to a different channel.
Here are some feedback from parents who have used the product. Overall, this baby monitor is rated highly by many people. On Amazon, it rates a 4.5 stars (out of 5).
“i can say this is one for the best gifts i ever got for my daughter. she came in to this world at 31 weeks..it has given me and my husband a piece of mind at night when our daughter would stop breathing. i wish i know about this product when i had my fisrt child”
Well it was a week past the year mark of when we got the unit, which meant the warranty was a week outdated, but I emailed Angelcare anyways and WOW! The service that Angelcare provided was amazing! Even though we didn’t have our bill of sale (because it was a gift,) and even though it was a week past the warranty, they still went out of their way to send us a new parent unit. And when we had troubles connecting the new parent unit to the base unit in our son’s room, I emailed Angelcare and we receieved instructions on how to do so. I must say I am very happy with this unit! It gave me the confidence, as a new mother, to go to sleep at night and get a good rest. . . But what’s more, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the service provided by Angelcare when we had problems! Thanks Angelcare for giving our family peace of mind!
SIDS isn’t the only thing that this movement monitor can prevent. When our son was about three months old, the alarm went off at 2:00 AM. My husband and I rushed to our baby and found that he was limp and wasn’t breathing, even with the alarm blaring next to him. Terrified, I put my hand on his chest and jostled him a little, and he started to breath again. (Thank goodness we didn’t have to resort to CPR.) After that our pediatrician monitored our son for a 24-hour period and diagnosed him with reflux apnea. (He did – and still does – have a real problem with reflux.) Needless to say, I can’t say enough good things about this product. Thank you, Anglecare/BebeSounds for saving our precious baby!
Last night the monitor went off and I was able to quickly grab my son who made some snorting sounds and then seemed fine. Perhaps he would have breathed on his own eventually, but perhaps not. I’m glad I didn’t have to find out. It seems utterly ridiculous that these are not recommended more often. They do exactly what they are supposed to which is monitor the tiniest movement- which in this case is breathing. I had to adjust the sensitivity on it because it was sensitive enough to pick up the movement of a fan.