Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump
There are 3 main features to this Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump:
When you pump milk, you obviously want to get the most amount in the least time. If you find a pump with the right combination of suction and speed, you can achieve that. The Purely Yours Ultra CustomControl™, dual suction and speed adjustability allows you to choose from a total of 32 combinations. So you should have no problem adjusting the pump to follow your milk flow. To trigger a ‘let down’, you want the speed up. After the let down, when milk is flowing fast, you want to slow down the speed, just like your baby would start sucking slower and deeper. When you breastfeed, you will have several ‘let down’ phases. You can use the CustomControl to do this when you pump. When your milk flow starts to slow down, adjust the speed setting up again to trigger another “let down”. With this CustomControl™ feature, you can pump out milk comfortably and efficiently.
Getting milk into the tubing can be the most annoying thing in the world. With Ameda’s Airlock Protection™ feature, this will not happen. You don’t have to worry about mold and bacteria growing in the pump tubing due to moisture. Your breast milk is protected from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping. Say goodbye to the hassles of tubing inspection and care.
CustomFit Flange System™
You get three different flange sizes, so you can choose the one that fits you the best. You’ll find that over time your body will change and the need to change flange size is evident.
WHAT YOU GET WITH AMEDA PURELY YOURS ULTRA?
- 1 Purely Yours Breast Pump
- 1 Dual HygieniKit Milk Collection System (without BPA and DEHP)
- 1 Ultra Suede/Faux Leather Tote
- 2 30.5 mm CustomFit Flanges
- 2 28.5 flange inserts
- 1 Cool ‘N Carry Milk Storage Tote with 3 cooling elements
- 1 One-Hand Breast Pump adapter
- 1 Milk storage guidelines card
- 1 AC power adapter
- 6 4 oz./120 mL bottles with 2-piece lock-tight caps
- 1 Instructions for use
What People Like About the Ameda
- You can use this pump with the batteries or the car adapter. It helps if you’re stuck in the car or running around town doing errands and need to pump.
- It is not totally silent but the noise is also not too loud that it will annoy or distract. Your friend on the other end of the phone won’t know you’re pumping.
- Easy to clean
- The tote bag is quite large. There are many compartments, even pen holders. Looks nice and chic, like a cute purse. One mother said besides the 6 carrying bottles that come with it, she also keeps her wallet, phone, and a mini umbrella in there.
- The bag has a nice waterproof bottom. If you spill, it is easy to clean.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Very efficient cooler system. The ice packs are easy to manage in the freezer and they keep the milk cold all day.
- The pump is separate from the bag. You’ll find it easy to take it out and put it away.
- The bottles only hold 4oz. If you pump out a lot, you may need larger bottles. The good news is that you can use the 8oz Medela bottles with this pump.
- Its durability is questionable. Quite a number of people complained that it broke down in a few months. The upside is the wonderful comments on the company’s customer service and how quickly they got a replacement for their broken unit.
- It beeps with every pump. Some people don’t like it, others got used to it and it didn’t bother them.
This is a wonderful breastpump for working mothers. You can pump with ease and comfort. Most mothers try to make the difficult choice between the Ameda and Medela pump. One feature that push people towards the Ameda is its closed system. The breast milk you pump won’t get tainted and it won’t get sucked into the tubing. The adjustable speed-suction feature is helpful to avoid sore nipples.
Ultra vs Carry-All
If you are wondering what’s the difference between the Ultra and Carry All, well the Ultra just means you get more stuff. When you get the Ultra, it includes different size flanges plus all the accessories. The tote bag is also larger and has more compartments than the Carry-All.
Want to keep it simple?
If you just want the pump without all the “extras”, then follow this link:
Other Products You May Need
- The First Years Breastflow Milk Storage Organizer
- Bravado! Body Silk Seamless Nursing Soft Cup Bra
- Ameda 40 Count Store N Pour Breast Milk Storage Bags