Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with On the Go Tote
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with On the Go Tote is a double pump electric breastpump. It is best suited for moms who use it daily and pump several times a day.
What you will love about this Medela breastpump
- Save time pumping. Compared to many other pumps, you can pump out the same amount of milk but in less time. One mother said she use to spend an hour to pump both breasts. With the Medela, she could “empty both breasts in less than half an hour, rather twenty minutes!!!” (Read her comments here) That little bit of extra time you save is precious especially when you have other children to attend to and chores to finish.
- The Medela cooler and ice pack efficiently keeps your milk cold just like a fridge. The ice pack provides up to 12 hours of cooling time.
- Very comfortable. You can adjust the suction power so it doesn’t hurt your breast and you can pump out the milk efficiently.
- It is quiet. That helps when you want to be discreet (like when you’re at work) or don’t want to disturb sleeping siblings.
- It mimics baby’s sucking pattern. In the beginning, the pumping is quick to stimulate let down. When you have let down, you hit the “let down” button and the suction slows down so you get the deep sucking motion to bring the milk out faster.
- The bag is big enough to fit all the supplies you need when you go to work like cooler bag with ice packs, bottles etc… . You don’t have to carry multiple bags just to carry all your stuff. It is convenient to carry around even with all the accessories. Plus, with this stylish microfiber tote, other people won’t really know you’re carrying around a breast pump.
Pay attention to the size of the flange. Get the correct size that fits you. An incorrect size will make your nipples sore and you won’t be pumping out as much milk as you should.
There have been a few complains about the milk backing up into the tubing during use. According to the experience of some users, it happens when they don’t sit properly during pumping (like leaning forward too much) or the breastshields are not positioned right. One mother recommend changing the breastshield to this one instead: Medela One-Piece Breastshield w/ Valve and Membrane.
Milk doesn’t get in the tubing when she uses that breastshield. Plus, many people are saying it is better than the original ones that come with the pump. The suction is better because it is a 1-piece shield. However, you will have to purchase 2 sets as one package only contains 1 shield.
If milk does get into the tubing, this is how you clean it:
- Rinse and run cold water through tubing to remove breastmilk.
- Dry tubing by attaching it to pump and running for 2 minutes or until dry. If there is any condensation, this will also be eliminated.
- You can also sterilize it with the Medela Quick Clean™ Micro-Steam™ Bags.
It helps to get an extra set of tubing just in case. If the problem doesn’t go away, you can contact Medela by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800-435-8316.
The Medela pump is a great help if you work full time but still want to give the best of your breastmilk to your baby. It will help you build and maintain an adequate milk supply. At the office, the last thing you want is to have the loud sound of your breastpump motor announcing to everyone that you are pumping out milk. The Medela pump is very quiet, so you can be as discreet as possible. Plus, you can pump out a good amount of milk in a short time. You don’t have to be away from your work for very long. This makes pumping milk hassle free and will keep you breastfeeding without the frustrations.
Don’t just think this pump is for mothers who work. This is also a good choice for stay at home moms. You are not going to be confined to your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will be times when you need to go out such as grocery shopping, running errands or maybe meeting up with friends. You’ll need to pump out some milk for baby before you leave the house. Even if you bring baby along, it is wise to pump out some milk in a bottle. You never know when you may get stuck in a traffic jam and baby needs to feed at that time. You’ll save yourself some stress if you could just whip out a bottle then. Some mothers don’t feel comfortable feeding baby in public. Bringing along those bottles of pumped out milk is important then.
Other complimentary products:
- Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
- Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage (*BPA Free) 12 Pack of 80ml Bottles
- Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra
- Quick Clean Breastpump and Accessory Wipes 24 Pack