As parents, we have to careful about the products we buy for our children. Their safety is our number 1 priority. Here are some baby products that have been recalled recently.
- Infantino SlingRider and Wendy Bellissimo baby slings sold in the U.S. and Canada between Jan. 2003 and March 2010 at Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Babies “R” Us, BJ’s Wholesale, and other retailers: May cause suffocation in babies under 4 months old.
- Innovage Discovery Kids Animated Marine Lamp with model number 1627121 or 1628626 and Safari Lamps with model number 1627124 or 1628626: There’s a defect in the lamp’s circuit board. So there is risk of it catching fire if there is an electrical short.
- Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway with model numbers T4261 and V6378. They were sold with small cars that a child can push down winding ramps. Only the purple and the green cars that are marked “Mexico” and do not have a yellow dot on the bottom are included in the recall: Wheels are not secure on the green and purple cars. May cause choking in young children.
- Fisher-Price Barbie Tough Trikes (model M5727) and Kawasaki Tough Trikes (model N6021): The protruding plastic ignition key can cause injury if the child hits, sits or falls on it.
- Munchkin Bathtub Subs. They are battery-operated bathtub submarine toys that are yellow, with a smiling face, turquoise windows, an orange propeller and an orange periscope that turns the toy on and off. The intake valve has a water pump that sucks in water to propel the submarine: Have caused lacerations to boys’ genital area.
- Sassy Refreshing Rings infant teethers and rattlers. The product has a red, water-filled ring on one end and a black and white polka dot ball on the other end. The two ends of the rattles/teethers are connected by a black and white, flexible plastic rod with three floating rings. Style number 80026 is printed on the packaging: The small pieces of plastic ball can come off. Seeing that it is a teether and babies are chewing on them, it is dangerous if baby ingests the parts that come loose.