Portable baby swings are smaller, lighter, and have fewer functions than the regular ones.
Though most of them are not foldable, it’s small and light enough to move around the house.
Also, it’s compact, helping you save a lot of space. So, it’s ideal for apartments or houses with small spaces.
Usually, portable baby swings rely on batteries to function. You save time looking for power points especially when you’re traveling.
If you’re looking for portable baby swings that use AC power, you’re limited to a few choices.
With plug-in types, you don’t have to keep on buying expensive batteries when using at home, giving you more $$$ savings.
Imagine when the batteries die right when you need them the most.
If you plan to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a baby swing, then you want to make sure you’re making a wise purchase.
After several hours of research, we put together a buying guide for the best portable baby swings with AC adapters to help you get your money’s worth.
1. Ingenuity Power Adapt Portable Swing
- Only swings forward and backward with 5-speed settings.
- Dimensions: 26 x 23 x 22.5 in; Weight: 14.75 lbs
- It’s so quiet that your fuzzy infant won’t notice it.
- Easy to fold with one hand for transport and space saving.
- Easy to assemble.
- Its small footprint and lightweight (only 14.75 lbs) allows it to be used anywhere and can even fit small cars. If your baby is hooked on this swing, don’t you think one that can travel will make a huge difference!
- 5-point harness system to stop your baby from falling out.
- Removable headrest to support newborns.
- Removable machine washable plush cover
- Fixed seat position.
- The seat is too shallow. It should have more support or padding.
- A timer activates the swing based on your choice (30, 45 or 60 minutes). It’s hard to keep little ones from waking up when they nap longer than an hour.
- The front portion of the hanging toys faces away from instead of towards the baby. You can’t adjust the bar to face the right way.
2. Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle ‘n Swing
- Manual switch on/off for the swing with 6-speed settings.
- 3 music buttons (sleep time, day time, and outdoors sounds) that includes 16 songs and nature sounds.
- Dimensions: 35.04 x 44.02 x 37.01 in; Weight: 24.9 lbs
- Swings either side to side or front to back with a push of a button.
- 2 adjustable reclines – 10 and 35-degree angle. The 10-degree flat setting is suitable for a newborn.
- Music turns off automatically after 20 minutes or so.
- No vibration feature.
3. Graco Glider Lite LX Gliding Baby Swing
- Only glides back and forth with 6-speed settings. It keeps swinging until you shut it off.
- 10 classic melodies and 5 nature sounds.
- Dimensions: 27 x 26 x 28 in; Weight: 12.1 lbs
- Light enough to move around in the house.
- Spacious machine washable seat with removable infant head support for comfort.
- No upright adjustment (sitting position) or recline.
- You have to remove the bar over the top to get your baby in or out.
- The sound quality is terrible.
What Do They Have In Common
- Use either AC or D batteries.
- Support newborns and up to 25 lbs or until your child can climb out of the seat.
- Do not vibrate.
- Overhead rotating toys to entertain your little one.